Every Spring we look forward to picking strawberries from our strawberry patch. What started out as a potted plant several years ago ended up dominating our whole garden. I had no idea strawberry plants multiple! Most Mabry plants don’t live long enough to reach their full potential due to neglect or abuse.
Our kids love picking the strawberries…who am I kidding, so do I! With so many strawberries what’s a person to do? Make Strawberry Fruit Rollups. It’s so easy!
STRAWBERRY FRUIT ROLLUPS
* 1 pint fresh strawberries, diced
* sugar (enough to sweeten)
* fresh lemon juice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
3. Place strawberries in food processor until blended.
4. Add enough sugar to sweeten and a splash of lemon juice( if desired).
5. Pour into prepared pan and spread out into a thin, even layer.
6. Bake for 4 hours or until the center is set.
7. Remove from oven and let cool.
8. Carefully peel up the fruit roll-up and place the sticky, smooth side on parchment paper.
9. Cut to size so that you have an even rectangle to work with. (I usually cut off the edges of the fruit rollups since they are usually crunchy and uneven.
10. Cut into 2-inch strips and roll-up firmly.
11. Store in airtight container.
They are BERRY🍓easy to make.
#strawberry #diy #greenthumb